- This event has passed.
Shawl Collar Cowl – Afternoon Session
January 19 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Your Instructor: Becky Creighton
The Shawl Collar Cowl is soft, cozy and warm around your neck. The ribbed exterior transitions into a smooth stockinette interior. Folded over and wrapped around, you’ll be very warm but not weighted down when knit up in the nearly weightless Blue Sky Techno, a feather-light cloud of baby alpaca, extra-fine merino and silk.
This project begins with a provisional cast on and then knit decreasing on the sides to the lining. Once you switch to the lining yarn you will be increasing with make one purl-wise stitches. Finally you will use a three needle bind off to join the edges into the final wrap. It’s definitely a different way to create the shape and will keep you engaged.
Thursday—January 19 & February 2, 2-4 pm
Two – Two Hour Classes
Class fee: $45
Skill level: Intermediate
- Pattern – not included in class fee
- Yarn: Exterior—2 skeins Techno, Interior—1 skein Techno
- Scrap yarn for provisional cast on
- Needles: US 10½ , 24” or 32” circular needle, US 9, 24” or 32” circular needle
- Crochet hook appropriate size for scrap yarn
- Knit kit containing: (suggested)
- Small pair of scissors;
- Medium sized metal curved-tip tapestry needle
- Fix-it Tool or size F, G or H crochet hook
- Pear-shaped, locking stitch markers
- Point protectors
- Tape measure
- Row counter
- Needle Gauge
- Pen or pencil and paper
About the classes: It is our policy that unless we specify otherwise, students in our class must purchase their yarn and other class supplies at Knitting Temptations.