- This event has passed.
Christmas Joy Stocking – Evening Session
October 18 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
BECKY CREIGHTON, YOUR INSTRUCTOR
The Christmas Love Stocking starts with a Latvian braid at the top and is knit using the traditional stranded colorwork method. The pattern has written instructions but uses charts for the colorwork. You can personalize the stocking with a name in place of the word Joy if you wish.
The stocking is knit in worsted weight yarn, from the top down, ending with a rounded toe. There are also instructions for a Wrap and Turn short row heel.
Tuesday-October 18 6-8:30 pm
November 1 & 15 6-8 pm
1- Two 1/2-hour class & 2- Two-hour classes
Class Fee: $95
Skill level: Intermediate, Experience with colorwork helpful but not required
- Yarn: 1 skein each of two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn
- Needles: US Size #6 – 32″ cord or DPN’s; US Size #8 – 16″ cord or DPN’s
- Knit Kit containing (suggested)
- Small pair of scissors
- Medium sized metal curved-tip tapestry needle
- Fix-it Tool or size F, G or H crochet hook
- Pear-shaped, locking stitch markers
- Point protectors
- Tape measure
- Stitch Marker
- Row counter
- Pen or pencil and paper
About the classes: It is our policy that unless we specify otherwise, students in our class must purchase their yarn and other class supplies at Knitting Temptations