Bolan Tee (#1 of 2)
Date(s) - 07/08/2019
6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
The Bolan tee is knitted sideways in four pieces–two panels for the front, two for the back, worked from the center out to the ends of the short sleeves. This one is a fun knit for sure. The gorgeous textured lace panel in the yoke flows across the boat neck and over the wearer’s shoulder making it a piece you’ll want to grab all the time. This is a crop length tee. Students will be taught to lengthen garment if desired.
- Yarn as indicated in pattern
- One 24″ circular needle in size US 4 or size needed to obtain gauge
- One 24″ circular needle in size US 2 for picking up stitches
- Waste yarn(fingering weight)
- Knit kit (be sure to have a tapestry needle and stitch markers)
Skills needed: long tail cast on, basic stitches including k2tog, ssk and yo. Ability to read charts is helpful.
Techniques reviewed/taught: picking up stitches, mattress stitch, 3 needle bind off, lengthening body of garment.
Homework prior to class: Knit and block swatch 40 stitches by 40 rows to get gauge.
Two 2 and 1/2-hour classes:
Mondays, July 8 and 29, 6-8:30pm
Saturdays, July 13 and August 3, 9:30am-12pm
Fee: $68, includes pattern