Date(s) - 08/08/2018
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Class fee: $90 – supplies included to make one bracelet
One six-hour class
Instructor: Linda Mihely
Skill level: N/A
In this one-day class, you will make your own Sami bracelet with the traditional materials from Sweden. You will learn the basic braid (pictured) and the bracelet construction techniques. Several leather color choices beside the traditional black are available.
Basic experience with needle-and-thread, hand sewing is necessary. You will make your bracelet entirely by hand!
For best results, preview bracelet leather colors ahead of time so that you have time to shop for and match your thread to the leather.
Sami bracelet supplies; included in class fee by Knitting Temptations:
- Bracelet leather
- Tin strands
- Antler button
- Leather button braid
- Sinew (to match bracelet leather)
Listed below are the other supplies/tools needed to make your Sami bracelet. These are available at various craft supply sources:
- Button & coat thread to match leather
- Sulky® invisible nylon thread – clear or grey
- LocTite® vinyl, fabric & plastic flexible adhesive
- Elmer’s® Craft Bond rubber cement
- Small sharp-tipped scissors
- Small needle-nosed pliers
- Sharp needle for hand sewing, size 18, chenille or crewel style
There will be a break for lunch so participants can eat. You can bring lunch (a refrigerator and microwave are available for use) or get lunch at one of several restaurants close to the shop.