Join Michelle for a new, multi-session class to knit her fabulous Mixed Patten Sweater! The class is $95, and includes the pattern, 4 class sessions, as well as 2 additional help sessions with Michelle for extra guidance.
$95 – pattern included; supplies extra
Four 2-hour classes; with two additional help sessions
Teacher: Michelle Hunter
Skill level: Intermediate Knit
Wednesdays, 2:00pm – 4:00pm or 6:00pm – 8:00pm, on:
Class 1: September 18
Class 2: October 30
Class 3: November 20
Class 4: January 29, 2014
Dates for 2 help sessions to be determined.
The Mixed Pattern Sweater is knit with Malabrigo Arroyo yarn (NO substitutions, please!). This beautiful kettle-dyed yarn is machine washable and available in many rich colors. The pattern is sized to fit up to a 42″ bust. The sweater is a deceivingly complex-looking design with its mixed patterns. However, it is actually easy to knit as the stitch patterns are achieved using one color at a time. And, as always, the pattern has top-notch video support found at knitpurlhunter.com
Skills covered in the four class sessions include:
- Chart reading
- Mosaic knitting – a simple slip-stitch technique that creates bands and borders in pattern without carrying a second yarn
- Increasing & decreasing in pattern
- Expert finishing
Supplies needed include:
- 3 (4, 5) skeins of Arroyo in a main color – sample knit with Arroyo #48 Glitter
- 2 (3) skeins of Arroyo in a contrast color – sample knit with Arroyo #63 Natural
- The needle sizes will be determined by your gauge – suggested are:
16″ circular in US 4
straights or 24″ circular in US 4 and US 6
Reserve your spot to receive more information. Stop into Knitting Temptations to see the sweater, select your Arroyo colors, and receive the supply list.